Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Ponds Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream | Review






So, before you start wondering why a 19 year old even tried an anti-wrinkle cream- just hear me out. I sadly have very dry skin, all year round and through trial and error I have found that thicker formulations are the ones that soothe me best. Or, in other words they're the only ones that allow me to wake up in the morning and feel as though I actually put something moisturizing on my face. But, the problem with thicker formulations is that they can really only be found in Anti- Aging creams because wrinkly skin requires much more moisture than regular teenage skin, and therefore my range to shop from minimizes significantly.

For some reason or the other I was getting ready for bed in my parents bathroom one night, and as all us girls do we love to go through our moms belongings and see what goodies they led into the house without informing us about and I stumbled upon this cream. Something that immediately drew me in was the scent, because it smells like... babies, or Johnson & Johnson. The second thing was the texture, it is so smooth and hydrating I just love it! When I applied it on my skin it felt like a mini facial and soon I found myself sneaking into my moms bathroom for a few nights and applying it until I finally went and bought my own.

7 oz. of this product cost me around $10 which is a complete steal for this product if you ask me because my mom's skin looks incredible and you would think she is using higher end products.

Sadly, this product was amazing for me the first week or two, and then all of a sudden my face just completely freaked out on me. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I've never really suffered from acne outside of my regular hormonal breakouts and so seeing my entire forehead breakout into around 20-30 little bumps under AND above my skin's surface was a very new sight for me. I literally had no idea what to do, part of me knew that it was the cream causing the breakout but it made my skin feel so hydrated that I didn't want to admit it.

I continued using the cream for another week or so, until I finally just gave it to my mom knowing she would get good use out of it.

I would say that if you have intensely dry skin then you should try this cream because it honestly does what it says, but if you notice your skin breaking out then your best bet is to get rid of it immediately. I have spent way more than $10 in the last 2 weeks trying to find products that will bounce my skin back to its original state and the task has been tedious., therefore it's not worth doing what I did, which was trying to force my skin to love this product as much as I did.

I am so upset that I am still yet to find another moisturizer for my night time routine.

I was thinking about purchasing an Olay night cream because I know for a fact that, that brand does not irritate my skin, but other suggestions are more than welcome!

I hope this review was helpful, and in no way am I bashing Pond's skin care, I am yet to try any other products from their brand but I am open to doing so. One bad experience doesn't define everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment