Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Little Things + Little Chat








I've been to Ulta a few times before but I had never actually bought anything; maybe it's because I couldn't wrap my brain around one store having SO MUCH STUFF. Seriously, it's exhausting going in there because I don't feel completely satisfied unless I scan every single isle.

It literally took me around an hour and a half to buy the three miniscule products shown above and even then I couldn't make up my mind.

I decided to buy the Maybelline eye make up remover which I have to disclaim right now that I am extremely un-impressed with, probably the worst $4 I have ever spent in my life.

But on the other hand, the other two things are revolutionary.
I've been breaking out pretty bad lately and I think it has something to do along the lines of stress so I was really on the hunt for a gentle product that had drying powers. I was caught between the Body Shops Tea Tree Cleanser and Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion but the price for the Drying Lotion was a steep $18 as opposed to the trial size of the Cleanser that will last me a good month at just $4. I figured if it didn't work I would just cave in and buy the lotion, but I am actually very happy with the results that I am getting right now. It has dried up all of my breakouts without actually drying my skin which is amazing.

Something that I have been going to Ulta specifically for, but never actually found was the Real Techniques foundation sponge that is supposed to be an exact dupe for the Beauty Blender. I FINALLY found it last week and it has changed everything. I mentioned previously that my foundation of choice has been the YSL Touché Éclat and because it's water based it makes it a little bit more difficult to apply it without having streak traces. This is the perfect solution for that and the best part was that it was just $6! Total Steal, if you can get your hands on it, take it!

-I think that it's important for me to mention that I left my job last week and although I'm absolutely terrified of the unknown I still feel very confident that I made the right decision. At times I feel like crying because I have had a job since I graduated high school, but other times I feel like smacking myself because I'VE HAD A JOB SINCE GRADUATION and I forgot I'm just a teenager. So, right now, god willing, I hope to dedicate more time to creating solid and interesting content for my blog while also focusing more on college because unfortunately I've been placing both things on the back burner.

-Now that I have more time on my hands I have been obsessed with TV shows like Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, and the Blacklist. But most importantly, Law and Order: SVU- seriously I am addicted it is so insanely powerful that although the stories are fictional I still feel like they could be real, You Know?

-I am finally planning a trip to New York and it is scheduled for February 12th-16th which is also FASHION WEEK. I am so excited, New York has been a dream of mine ever since I could remember and now I will truly make it come true. I know that it's just a few days but I have no doubt in my mind that they will be life changing.

Well, this is all for now!
If you haven't already You can find me on Instagram @LiveLizLove and on Twitter @LiveLizLove8
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment